Being a food lover myself, I follow a fair number of wonderful food blogs, and am always trying out the recipes I find from fellow comrades in the food-loving arena. Per usual, I’m desperately trying to be “good” during the week, saying no to more burgers, yes to more salads, and “absolutely!” to that glass of vino on a Friday night because “I deserve it”. I recently tried this Lemony Chickpea & Tuna Salad recipe from the lovely Eat Yourself Skinny, and it was so delicious I just had to share! It is healthy, but hearty so you aren’t starving afterwards (don’t you hate that), fresh, and versatile! Throw it on a bed of mixed greens, or eat it alone, this salad is so delicious you wont believe it’s actually good for you. Give it try and let me know what you think!
- 2 (15.5 oz) cans chickpeas, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 2 (5 oz) cans chunk-light tuna in water, drained
- 2 to 3 roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 bunch flat leaf parsley, finely chopped ( or to taste, I used a bit less that this, just a small handful)
- 1/2 bunch mint, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. lemon zest 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Directions: Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix together!