- 1 Packet of Nongshim Shin Ramyun Noodle Soup or Nongshim Shin Ramyun Black Premium – I use the two pretty interchangeably. The Shin Black is just a little more robust, more likened to a Tonkotsu broth, where the regular shin is a spicy beef base.
- 1 egg
- 1 slice of american cheese (trust me on this one)
- 1 handful of corn (fresh or frozen)
- 1 pat of butter
- 1 handful of chopped green onions
- Optional: Mushrooms & Bonito Flakes sprinkled on the top
Directions: Follow the instructions on the back of the Ramen packet to cook the noodles. At minute 4 throw in your handful of corn and stir. If you are using frozen this gives the corn an opportunity to cook in the broth. Immediately after, crack your egg directly into the noodle/broth so it can poach in the cooking liquid. At this point I like to spoon some of the hot liquid over the top of the egg to ensure an even poach. Give the egg about a minute to cook. Remove the noodles from the heat, gently stir in a pat of butter and pour your Ramen in to your Ramen bowl. Place the slice of cheese on top of the soup and sprinkle with a generous helping of green onions.